Flexible Tutoring Plans - DELF & DALF Exam Preparation Costs
Online-French-Lessons.net offers 100% flexibility. Buy as few or as many hours of DELF or DALF exam preparation classes as you would like and use the exam preparation classes when and where you want. There is no minimum of DELF or DALF exam preparation sessions you have to take each week and no maximum. And the best part is that your hours with your DELF or DALF tutor never expire. More information about our DELF and DALF exams can also be found on our parent company site at Live Lingua. The information, costs and services on both sites are the same.
||COST PER HOUR*
DELF Exam Details
The DELF exam is composed of four independent diplomas (A1, A2, B1 & B2) corresponding to the first four levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Exam level of the DELF exam is broken down into 4 sections.
1) Listening: In this section the candidate is presented with 3-4 short recordings, and asked to fill out some comprehension questions regarding the selection played. Each selection is played twice. The length of each audio depends on the students French level.
- A1: 20 minutes
- A2: 25 minutes
- B1: 25 minutes
- B2: 30 minutes
2) Reading: In this section of the DELF exam, the candidates' French reading comprehension is evaluated by presenting several short pieces of writing, followed by comprehension questions with simple multiple choice or justified written answer questions.
- A1: 30 minutes
- A2: 30 minutes
- B1: 35 minutes
- B2: 60 minutes
2) Writing: The written section test the writting skill of the DELF examinee to see how well they can communicate in written form. The topis varry by level and the answers are expected to be between 100 and 250 works long.
- A1: 30 minutes
- A2: 45 minutes
- B1: 45 minutes
- B2: 60 minutes
4) Spoken: The spoken section of the DELF exam is a guided concersation between the examinee and an examiner. The topic of the conversation becomes more dificult at higher levels.
- A1: 5–7 min and 10 min prep
- A2: 6–8 min and 10 min prep
- B1: 15 min and 10 min prep
- B2: 20 min and 30 min prep
DALF Exam Details
The DALF French language exam is to certify a person as an advanced French speaker. Each level of the DALF exam is different and has different requirements.
DALF C1 - This exam consists of four parts. Each part is graded from zero to 25 points, for a total of 100 points. A minimum of 50 points, as well as at least 5 points per part, is required to pass the exam.
- Oral comprehension - 40 minutes
- Written comprehension - 50 minutes
- Written production, consisting of a synthesis and an essay - 2 hours 30 minutes
- Oral production, consisting of a presentation and a discussion with a group on a text - 30 minutes; 1 hour preparation time
DALF C2 - This exam consists of two parts. Each part is graded from zero to 50 points, for a total of 100 points. A minimum of 50 points, as well as at least 10 points per part, is required to pass the exam.
- Oral comprehension and production, consisting of a presentation and a discussion with a comitee, based on a French recording of 15 minutes - 30 minutes; 1 hour preparation time
- Oral comprehension and production, consisting of a presentation and a discussion with the comitee, based on a French recording of 15 minutes listened to twice - 30 minutes for presentation with 1 hour preparation time
* Online-French-Lessons.net does not apply the DELF or DALF exams. The professional French tutors simply prepare the students for them. To get full details on where to take the exam please see the website of the CIEP.
How to transform your computer into a virtual French classroom with Skype!
Purchase a Skype compatible headset if you computer does no already have on built in.
Download the free software from Skype.com and create a Skype user name.
Sign up for your affordable French lessons with Online-French-Lessons.net
Enjoy your Skype French lessons from your home or office!